Saturday, 26 January 2013

New Linocuts for sale

I have a whole selection of new and old prints up for sale on my Etsy page. Each print is an individual piece of artwork, due to the printing technique no two prints are ever the same.

Monday, 21 January 2013

Land and Power Sketchbook


Land and Power Sketchbook, a set on Flickr.

This is my sketchbook that I have kept throughout the making of land and power. It includes alot of my design work mainly for the character. It shows the development of the project and has most my thoughts and ideas in.

Friday, 18 January 2013

StopMotion setup

Below are a few photos of the set up me and Matt have put together to shoot the stopmotion section of our film. We are using a Canon450D connected to Stopmotion Pro 7. The camera is positioned on a tripod pointing down directly over an A1 sheet of off-white paper. We are using two LED lights with diffusers on to create a bright look with no harsh shadows.


Thursday, 17 January 2013

we've been land grabbing.

We have spent the last 2 days in the TV presentation studio using the stopmotion equipment. Me and Matt Scouler have been using StopmotionPro to shoot a selection of tests for the pixielation section of our film. In Land and Power a human hand enters the screen and grabs the land pulling it away from below the characters feet, knocking her to the ground. We plan to shoot the final animation tommorow now that we have practised and have worked out how to use the software and how to get the best results out of the equipment.

We had a problem yesterday that left all our footage that we shot with corrupted frames that had lines across them, Today we solved the problem that was due to the USB connection and have set up lights and camera ready for tommorows shoot.

Below is one of yesterdays tests that has the corrupted frames in.

Wednesday_16th_hand_test from tim Wheatley on Vimeo.

Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Boarded up frames

'Land and Power' ends on a shot of a picture frame that has been boarded up, the camera then pulls out to reveal lots of frames all boarded up. Today I finished these extra frames, I Kept the colours behind the boards bright, and left gaps so you can see the sunny landscape behind. Next I need to create a few more characters that are only in the last shot sitting outside there boarded up frames.

Character sheet

I've put together a sheet on the design of the character in the film, so she is constant throughout the animation, im going to make sure I always refer back to these drawings now as throughout my sketch book her design slowly changes. These will be the basis of her design in the film and I will try to keep this constant.

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Lino printed backgrounds

All backgrounds are now complete and scenned in. below is a selection of the finnished art works.

Monday, 7 January 2013

New lino prints: market scene,

in the last week i've been lino cutting and printing all the background for the film. I've painted the colour seperatly with watercolour and I will print the lino ontop of the watercolour. Ive used photoshop to put the print and watercolor together to see what the final printed backgrounds will look like.