Tuesday, 26 March 2013


Over the last few weeks ive been working on some maya models for a local artist who is making a film to be screened at an exhibition in the ukrane. He wants a lo-quality 80s style wire frame graphics mixed with google sketch up look modeled spaceships.

I made the following two tests in maya and used after effects to comp them together and add glow.

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Lino Prints

this week I have been working on some new lino prints, the first one here of the woman with head in hands is for the last shot of my film. it is the close up which will  have a tear animated down her cheek. The bckground needs to be taken out , ill probably do this in photoshop. I also need to colour is using water colour. Below that is a reprint of my tree cut, done in a new yellow ink.

Sunday, 10 March 2013

Shot_6 family leave house

this week I animated shot six, that involves the family coming out there home and looking happy. I did this shot in 1 afternoon. I need to add the background in and take it into TVP to colour it. the production stage is going well, only having a few problems with flash and switching files between cs.5 and cs.6.

Also this week i have been working with a local artist who has a residency in the Ukraine, He is working on a installation that focuses on space travel among other things. I am working with him to create some low-tech looking space graphics using Maya and aftereffects. here are some models i have made and some tests i did

Saturday, 2 March 2013

market scene; full line animation

this week I finnished the line animation for the market scene.

Today I started colouring to test the characters in the backgorund, heres what its looking like, i think its looking great!

Friday, 1 March 2013

Colouring Market scene

Today and this week I have been finishing off the aimation for the Market scene. The line animation is now complete. I have been testing the colouring pipe line to see how it will work and how long it should take. I am going to colour it by exporting the lines from flash and bringing them into TVP, in TVP im painint chite behind the lines as a base and then adding watercolour paint ontop (this is all digital). The i export the colour and line from TVP and add the background in After effects. here is one frame at the different stages: